Each job has the native ability to wield at least one type of weapon at full proficiency. Other jobs require subbing passive skills to be able to wield non-native weapons and raise their proficiency to comparable levels. Not every job has a passive skill for equipping a weapon and some jobs have more than one equip weapon skill. Beginner weapons can be wielded on any job. Many skills require a particular weapon to be equipped in order to be used.
Weapons that can be crafted through normal alchemy come with different family.
- Every family has a new weapon every 20 levels up to level 60.
- e.g. The Water element Poleax at level 20 followed by the Berserker's Ax at level 40 and the Abyssal Ax at level 60.
- e.g. The Fire element Iron Hammer at level 23 followed by the Warhammer at level 43. There is not a third weapon in this class because 20 levels above 43 is 63.
- Some families are better suited for a particular character's build.
- e.g. An element-based Syringe will give higher physical attack, but lower MP.
- Every weapon type has 2 elemental families. These families include the 20, 40, 60 and 23, 43 weapons.
Weapon stats Edit
Each weapon has different bonuses to stats. Some of the weapons are different, but generally these weapons will have the same thing.
|Weapon||Stat 1||Stat 2||Stat 3||Stat 4|
|Abacus||Physical Critical Attack||Magical Evasion||Provider's Providence|
|Baton||Attack Speed: 1|
|Bow||Attack Speed: -1||Lowers Accuracy|
|Gloves||Physical Critical Attack||Maximum HP|
|Dagger||Physical Critical Attack||Attack Speed: 2|
|Fan||Magic Attack||Maximum HP||Magic Accuracy||Attack Speed: 2|
|Saber||Lowers Evasion||Lowers Accuracy||Attack Speed: -1||Physical Attack|
|Spear||Physical Critical Attack|
|Syringe||Magic Attack||Maximum MP|
|Wand||Magic Attack||Maximum MP||Magic Accuracy|
Crafting and upgrading weaponsEdit
Most weapons can be made through alchemy or high level alchemy and upgraded up to two times. Exceptions to this include Beginner weapons, Golden weapons, and Master weapons which cannot be crafted or upgraded; Platinum weapons which cannot be crafted; level 53 weapons which can only be upgraded once; and level 58 weapons, HLA I weapons and HLA III weapons which cannot be upgraded.
All weapons can have their stat bonus upgraded through the use of books and tickets.
All jobs have a proficiency percentage called suitability with every weapon.This percentage can be raised by subbing a passive skill related to the weapon. Every level of this skill will raise the percentage by 5%. (Capped at 100%) The following chart shows each jobs native suitability for each weapon.
The sutability will affect the attack increased when equipping the weapon, but not other stats.
- Baton has no Equip or Mastery skills.
- Wand has no Mastery skill (magic attacks do not suffer suitability penalties).
- Bold = Native Equip
- Underline = Job has Equip Skill